GOVIND BALLABH PANT UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE & TECHNOLOGY
गोविन्द बल्लभ पंत कृषि एवं प्रौद्योगिक विश्वविद्यालय
College of Basic Sciences And Humanities/
Department of Microbiology/
Department of Microbiology
Dr. Lakshmi Tewari
|SPECIALISATION:||Bio-inoculants (Plant-microbe-interaction), Biofuel (cellulosic ethanol) |
Identification and characterization of high efficiency Cyanobacteria/Microalgae for biodiesel production. 2010-2013. Funded by LSRB,DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India. Budget: Rs. 24.85 lack (Principal Investigator)
Microbiological studies on vinegar production from sugarcane juice. 2000-2004, AICRP-PHT, ICAR (Principal Investigator of the sub project)
In vitro screening and selection of sodic tolerant genotypes in multipurpose tree species. 2002-2004, Funded by UPCAR, Budget- Rs. 2.8 lac ( Co-PI)
Development of Formulation, Mass production and delivery system of bio-control agent trichoderma harzianum . 2000-2003, UPCAR funded project , Budget – Rs. 14.12 lack (Principal Investigator)
Mycorrhizal colonization of leguminous crop plants and tree species, 1999-2000, funded by DES, GBPUA&T, Pantnagar. Budget - Rs. 0.5 lack (Principal Investigator)
Selected Research Publications
- Disha Sharma, B.K.Kumbher, A.K. Verma and Lakshmi Tewari. (2014). Optimization of critical growth parameters for enhancing extracellular lipase production by alkalophilic Bacillus sp. Biocatalysis and agricultural biotechnology. 3:205-211.
- Jitendra Kumar Saini, Reetu Saini, and Lakshmi Tewari.2014. Lignocellulosic agriculture waste as biomass feedstocks for second generation bioethanol production: concepts and recent developments. 3Biotech. DOI 10.1007/s13205-014-0246-5.
- Jitendra K. Saini, Rahul K. Anurag, Arti Arya, B.K. Kumbhar and Lakshmi Tewari. (2013) Optimization of saccharification of sweet sorghum bagasse using response surface methodology. Industrial Crops and Products 44: 211– 219.
- Rekha Rawat, B.K. Kumbhar and Lakshmi Tewari. (2013) Optimization of alkali pretreatment for bioconversion of poplar (Populus deltoides) biomass into fermentable sugars using response surface methodology. Industrial Crops and Products. 44 220– 226.
- Rekha Rawat and Lakshmi Tewari. (2012). Purification and characterization of an acidothermophilic cellulase enzyme produced by Bacillus subtilis strain LFS3. Extremophiles 16 (4):637–644.
- First Prize was awarded for the research work entitled “Optimization of Laccase Production for Biological Delignification of Bamboo Biomass for Sustainable Bioethanol Production” during the Symposium on Topical developments in Biochemistry and Allied Sciences, held during 7th May, 2016, at GBPUAT Pantnagar.
- Ph. D. student Mr. Raj Kumar Pandey received the award “Environmental Microbiologist of the year- 2017” for the Ph. D. thesis research work in World Clean Environment Congress Organized by Scientific and Environment Research Institute Kolkata at India International Centre, New Delhi on June 05, 2017
Disclaimer: The facts published on this website are for immediate information only and no legal claim can be made for any damage caused by using the content of this site. The G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology reserves the right to change the information published on this site at any point of time without prior or further notification.
For best view, kindly use Google Chrome version 35+, Firefox version 31+, IE version 10+, Safari 7+