- FACULTY PROFILE
Department of Agricultural Economics
Dr. H.N. Singh
|DESIGNATION:||Professor & Head|
|SPECIALISATION:||Agril. Economics Farm Management & Production Economics|
|CONTACT NO.:||91-5944-233072 (O), 9411160013 (M)|
- Integrated Farming System and Human Resource Planning and Management for Livelihood Security and Capacity Building of Tribal Community in CD blocks Kalsi and Chakrata, Dehradun Uttarakhand funded by ICAR, New Delhi 2012-13 to continued. (year basis). Coordinator
- Impact assessment of ‘Potash For Life’ project for improving productivity and profitability of crop in India. Funded by Dead Sea Works, Israel, March 2016-Dec.2017.
- Mapping the adoption of improved varieties of major crops and management practices in Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Uttarakhand (UK)’ funded by International Food Policy Research Institute, (IFPRI), Washington, D.C. Jul 2017-Jun 2018
- Stress tolerant rice for Africa and South Asia (STRASA), BMGF supported and IRRI funded project from 2013 continued…..
Research areas/Areas of interest
Selected Research Publications
- D.Burman, B.Maji, Sudhansu Singh, Subhasis Mandal, Sukanta K. Sarngi, B.K. Bandopadhyay, A.R. Bal, D.K. Sharma, S.L.Krishnamurthy, H.N. Singh, A. S. Delos Reyes, D. Villanueva, T.Paris, U.S. Singh, S.M. Haefele, Abdelbagi M. Ismail. (2017). Participatory evaluation guides the development and selection of farmers’ preferred rice varieties for salt-and flood affected coastal deltas of South and Southeast Asia. Field Crop Research, http:dxdoc.org/10 1016/j for 2017.03.009
- H.N Singh, S. Singh , U.S. Singh, and J. Singh. N.W. Zaidi & S. Mohanty 2013. Economic evaluation of Pusa Rice Hybrid 10 cultivation: a micro-economic evidence of Uttarakhand India. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge. Vol. 12 (3) July 2013 pp. 472-477
- H.N. Singh, US Singh, RK Singh, VK Singh, SP Singh, SC Mani. 2006. Adoption pattern and constraints analysis of basmati rice: Implications for enhancing adoption and stabilizing productivity in Uttarachal India. Indian Journal of Crop Science 1 (2), 106-108
- Courtois, B, Singh Bartolome B, Chaudhury D, McLaren G, Misra CG, Mandal NP, Pandey S, Paris TP, Piggin, C, Prasad K, Roy AT, Sahu RK, Sahu VN, Sarkarung S, Sharma SK, Singh, A, Singh, HN, Singh, ON, Singh, NK, Singh, RK, Singh, R.K, Singh S, Sinha PK, Sisodia BVS, and Takur R. 2001, “Comparing farmers and breeders ranking in varietal selection for low-input Environments: a case of rainfed rice in eastern India. Euphytica 122: 537-501, 2001. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Netherlands
- Pandey, S. Singh, H. N. and Villano, R. 1999. Rainfed Rice and Risk Coping Strategies: Some Micro Economic Evidences from Eastern India. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. Vol.81 (5), pg1309(January 1999).