- FACULTY PROFILE
Department of Fish Harvest and Processing Technology
Dr. A.K. Upadhyay
|DESIGNATION:||Professor & Head|
|QUALIFICATION:||Ph.D. (Fisheries Science)|
|SPECIALISATION:||Fisheries Science, Marine Biology, Fish Bio-chemistry & Fish Processing|
|CONTACT NO.:||05944-233317 (O), 9411159990 (M)|
Research Area/ Area of Interest
- Laboratory rearing of edible oyster Crosostrea cuculata larvae. Completed at College of Fisheries Ratnagiri. funded by Science and Technology cell Govt. of Maharashtra, duration from 1984-84, No. of scientists associated : Self as PI, approved cost Rs. 2.00 Lakhs.
- Oxygen distribution along the Konkan Coast of Ratnagiri. Executed at College of Fisheries Ratnagiri., funded by Konkan Agriculture University , duration from 1983-86, No. of scientists associated Self as PI, approved cost Rs. 1.60 Lakhs.
- Aquaculture and social environment of Tarai Region of Nainital and Udham Singh Nagar. by G.B.P.U. A. & T. Pantnagar at College of Fisheries Pantnagar.funded G.B.P.U. A. & T. Pantnagar, duration from 1991-94, No. of scientists associated Self as Co-PI, approved cost Rs. 1.00 Lakhs.
- Evaluation of the performance of different diets on the growth of Indian Major Carps using key enzymes. Executed at College of Fisheries Pantnagar., funded by ICAR, duration from 2000-03, No. of scientists associated Self as -PI, approved cost Rs. 10.24 Lakhs.
- Prawn culture in the Tarai region of Uttar Pradesh Executed at College of Fisheries Pantnagar, funded by ICAR New Delhi, duration from 2000-03, No. of scientists associated Self as Co-PI, approved cost Rs. 10.00 Lakhs.
- Adoption of village of district Udham Singh Nagar for fisheries extension., funded by TAR/IVLP ICAR World Bank, duration from 2003-06, No. of scientists associated Self as PI, approved cost Rs. 26.00 Lakhs.
- Establishment of Rural Bio-Resource Complex Scheme. Nodal Scientist; out of the total budget of 473 Lakh the funding for fisheries is 150 Lakh Nodal Scientist, funded by DBT New Delhi, duration from 2005-10, No. of scientists associated : Nodal Scientist of Rs. 150.00 Lakhs.
- Fish Post Harvest, Processing and Value addition in fresh water fisheries. Under Experiential learning scheme of ICAR, funded by ICAR, duration from 2016-21, No. of scientists associated Self as PI, approved cost Rs. 85.60 Lakhs.
Selected Research Publications
- Effect of environmental salinity on enzyme acid phosphates from Banana shrimp Peanuts merguinsis, Ind J. Exp. Biol. 24:2:14 -18pp, 1986, 24:2:14 -18ppNAAS Rating No. I 047
- Effect of salinity on enzyme alkaline phosphates from Banana shrimp P. merguinsis, Ind J. Exp. Bio. 24:7:26 -29pp, 1986, 24:7:26 -29pp NASS Rating No. I 047.
- Culture of crassostrea cuculata in laboratory conditions, Aust. J.Mar. Freshwater Res. 35:86-89, 1987, 35:86-89, NASS Rating No. A 218
- The influence of environmental stress leading to aquatic pollution, kinds of pollution and effect on biomass, Ind. J. Ecol. 20:2:47-51, 1994, 20:2:47-51, NASS Rating No. I 041.
- Estimation of microbial flora in mince meat collected from Nandus nandus, Channa marulius and Puntius sarana during six months storage at -200 C, African J. of Microbiology Research. 7(28) pp. 3704-3710, 2013, 7(28) pp. 3704-3710, A 051
- Fish culture practices: Name of the publisher: National Scientific Publisher, Institutions where referred for study: Fish Farmers of UP & Bihar and different States.
- Text Book of Marine Fisheries (World Oceans and India in perspective) : Name of the publisher Biotech Books Publishers and Sellers, 4762-63, Ansari Road, Darya Ganj, Delhi – 110 002, Institutions where referred for study: All College of Fisheries across the Country
- Hand Book of Fishing Gears & Fishing Techniques: Name of the publisher: National skill Development Board of India, Institutions where referred for study: Active fisherman of coastal and Inland waters of India
- Text book of Marine biology: Name of the publisher: Oxford IBH in Press, Institutions where referred for study: All College of Fisheries across the Country
- Awards/ Honours
- National Fellow by Zoological Society of India in 2007 - Citation
- Best Teacher Award by Professional Fisheries Graduate Forum (PFGF) in 2007 - Citation
- Best Eminent Scientist Award with Gold Medal by Zoological Society of India in 2005 - Gold Medal & Citation
- Vijay Ratan Award by India International Friendship Society in 2005 - Citation
- Recognition Award of outstanding faculty staff by G.B. Pant Univ. of Agric. & Tech. Pantnagar in 2004 - Citation
- Best Teacher Award by Professional Fisheries Graduate Forum (PFGF) in 2003 - Citation
- National Fellow by Bio-ved Research society in 1997 - Citation