- FACULTY PROFILE
Department of Post Harvest Process & Food Engineering
Dr. U.C. Lohani
|DESIGNATION:||Junior Research Officer|
|SPECIALISATION:||Nonthermal food processing, hydrodynamic cavitation, bio waste utilization, food processing equipment development|
Selected Research Publications
- Lohani, U. C. and Muthukumarappan, K. 2017. Modeling of Continuous Ultrasonication to Improve Total Phenolic Content and Antioxidant Activity in Sorghum Flour: A Comparison between Response Surface Methodology and Artificial Neural Network. International Journal of Food Engineering, doi: 10.1515/ijfe-2016-0086.
- Lohani, U. C., Muthukumarappan, K. and Meletharayil, H. 2016. Application of hydrodynamic cavitation on phenolic content and antioxidant properties of sorghum flour and apple pomace. Food and Bioproducts Processing, 100: 335-343.
- Lohani, U. C. and Muthukumarappan, K. 2016. Effect of extrusion processing parameters on antioxidant, textural and functional properties of hydrodynamic cavitated corn flour, sorghum flour and apple pomace based extrudates. Journal of Food Process Engineering, doi:10.1111/jfpe.12424.
- Lohani, U. C. and Muthukumarappan, K. 2016. Effect of sequential treatments of fermentation and ultrasonication followed by extrusion on bioactive content of Apple Pomace and textural, functional properties of its extrudates. International Journal of Food Science & Technology, 51: 1811-1819.
- Lohani, U. C. and Muthukumarappan, K. 2016. Application of the pulsed electric field to release bound phenolics in sorghum flour and apple pomace. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies, 35: 29-35.