Home/ Colleges/ College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences/ Department of Animal Genetics & Breeding/ Profile
Third rank among the participants of the Summer Institute on ‘Optimization of Buffalo Production Through Management’ Held at HAU, Hisar (Haryana) from June 1 to June 20, 1998.
Best Poster Presentation Award for the paper authored by Hazara, D.K.; Kumar, Shive; Ghosh, A.K; Korde, J.P. and Kumar, D.2007 on ‘Effect of incandescent and fluorescent light on expression of HSP70 and body weight in commercial broiler’ in the session Physiology, Welfare Housing and Management (07) in Annual Conference of Indian Poultry Science Association & National Symposium on Poultry Production for Rural Employment and Nutritional Security, Ludhiana, Punjab, April 25-27, 2007.
Co-chaired a session on “Integrative approach of Breeding Nutrition and Management of Livestock Productivity” in the National Symposium on “Biodynamic Animal Farming for the Management of Livestock Diversity under Changing Global Scenario and XIV Annual Convention of Society for conservation of Domestic Animal Biodiversity (SOCDAB) held at Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy from February 8-10, 2017.
Co-chaired a session in Annual Conference & National Seminar on “Improvement of Small Ruminant Production System for Livelihood Security” held at Central Sheep & Wool Research Institute, Avikanagar, Rajasthan from March 9-10, 2017.
Nominated in February 2017 as a member of Advisory Board of Journal “Journal of Livestock Biodiversity” (An official Publication of the Society for conservation of Domestic Biodiversity).
Co-organizer in Xth National Symposium on Integrated Development of Vast Biodiversity of Indigenous Livestock for Long Term Rural Livelihood Security. (SOCDAB) from February 07-08, 2013.
- FACULTY PROFILE
Department of Animal Genetics & Breeding
Dr. D. Kumar
|DESIGNATION:||Professor & Head|
Selected Research Publications
- Ganie, Z.A.; Kumar, D.; Kumar, Sundip; Shahi, B.N. and Ghosh, A.K. (2017). Genetic diversity analysis of Chaugarkha goat using microsatellite markers. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 87(1): 122-124.
- Kumar, D. and Gaur, A.K. (2016). Studies on Hill Cattle of Pithoragarh District in Uttarakhand. International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation 3 (2), 44-52.
- Deshmukh; B. Kumar, D.; Kashyap, N and Sharma, D.2015. Study of genetic polymorphism of various chicken breeds using microsatellite markers, Indian Journal of Animal Research, 49(1):1-7.
- Kumar, D. and Gaur, A.K. (2015). Performance studies of hill cattle: A unique indigenous germplasm of Uttarakhand. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 85 (12), 1390-1392.
- Deshmukh, B. Kumar, D.; Kashyap, N. and Sharma, D. (2015). Study of genetic polymorphism of various chicken breeds using microsatellite markers. Indian Journal of Animal Research 49 (1), 1-7.