- ABOUT US
- GIAN COURSES
- REGISTRATION DETAILS
Dr. H.J. Shiva PRASAD Local Coordinator, GIAN Programme, College of Technology GBPUA&T, Pantnagar Contacts Phone: +91-5944-233491 (Off P.P.), +91-9719245303, +91-8449859593 E-mail: sptce[at]gbpuat-tech[dot]ac[dot]in,
Global Initiative for Academic Network (GIAN) programme approved by Union Cabinet in Higher Education aimed at tapping the talent pool of Scientist and Entrepreneur Internationally to encourage their engagement with the institutes of higher Education in India so as to augment the country’s existing academic resources, accelerate the pace of quality reform, and elevate India’s scientific and technological capacity to global excellence. In order to (i) gather the best international experience into our systems of education, (ii) enable interaction of students and faculty with the best academic and industry experts from all over the world, (iii) share their experiences and expertise to motivate people to work on Indian problems, there is a need for a Scheme of International Summer and Winter Term.
The proposed GIAN is envisaged to achieve the following objectives:
- To increase the footfalls of reputed international faculty in the Indian academic institutes.
- Provide opportunity to our faculty to learn and share knowledge and teaching skills in cutting edge areas.
- To provide opportunity to our students to seek knowledge and experience from reputed International faculty.
- To create avenue for possible collaborative research with the international faculty
- To increase participation and presence of international students in the academic Institutes.
- Opportunity for the students of different Institutes/Universities to interact and learn subjects in niche areas through collaborative learning process.
- Provide opportunity for the technical persons from Indian Industry to improve understandings and update their knowledge in relevant areas.
- Motivate the best international experts in the world to work on problems related to India.
- Develop high quality course material in niche areas, both through video and print that can be used by a larger body of students and teachers.
- To document and develop new pedagogic methods in emerging topics of national and international interest.
MHRD has constituted a GIAN Implementation Committee headed by Secretary (HE), MHRD to finalize and approve the GIAN implementation through courses.For Details Click Here
Title of the proposal
Dr. Phoolendra K Mishra
California State University, USA
Dr. Sanjeev Suman
Dr. Sandeep Gupta
2nd Jan, 2018 – 6th Jan, 2018
Dr. Eur. Ing. Brian Azzopardi
Malta College of Arts Science and Technology (MCAST), Malta(Europe)
Dr. Rajeev Singh
Dr. Neeraj Bisht
29 Jan, 2018 – 02nd Feb, 2018
Dr Ali Mahdavi Mazdeh
Imam Khomeini International University, Qazvin, Iran
Dr. H.J. Shiva Prasad
Prof. Basant Maheshwari
Western Sydney University Penrith, NSW 2751, Australia
Dr. Jyothi Prasad
Dr H.J. Shiva Prasad
Prof Vijay P. Singh
Texas A&M University, College Station, USA
Dr. Jyothi Prasad
26-30 Nov, 2018
- Web register at GIAN registration portal (www.gian.iitkgp.ac.in/GREGN/index) with once in life time fee of INR 500. Already registered persons can skip this step.
- Click “Course Registration” tab at GIAN Portal for displaying the list of approved courses.
- From the displayed list ‘check-box’ select the respective course. & click ‘save’ button for registration.
- Finally click “Confirm course” to confirm your registration.
- Fill the form under “Application” tab either on-line or offline.
- The signed offline application should be sent to the course-coordinator via email.