Department of Agronomy
Dr. Sumit Chaturvedi
|CONTACT NO.:||+91-9450757130, +91-7895479994 (M)|
Research Areas/Areas of Interest
- Designing control release fertilizer utilizing agri waste biochar, funded by NICRA, ICAR (2016-20)
- FIST Programme of Department of Science & Technology (DST)(2018-23)
- Morpho-physiological and Biochemical Characterization and Mitigation of Terminal Heat in Wheat, funded by Uttarakhand Council for Science and Technology, Dehradun (2012-14)
- Participatory Technology Development and Green House Reduction for Sustainable Production of Organic and Fait Trade Basmati Rice in India by Inter-cooperation Social Development India (ICSD) and HELVETAS Swiss Inter-cooperation (2014-20)
- Promotion of Rock Phosphate as an alternative chemical P-fertilizer in field and agroforestry system of Uttarakhand and western UP by FCI Aravalli Gypsum and Minerals India ltd., Jodhpur.
- Studies and demonstration of gypsum efficacy in various agro climatic conditions of Uttarakhand by FCI Aravalli Gypsum and Minerals India ltd., Jodhpur
- Selection of Low THC content lines of industrial Hemp (Cannabis species) by Uttarakhnad Bamboo & Fibre Development Board.
Selected Research Publications
Total Publications: >90
- SV Singh, S Chaturvedi, VC Dhyani, G Kasivelu (2020) Pyrolysis temperature influences the characteristics of rice straw and husk biochar and sorption/desorption behaviour of their biourea composite. Bioresource Technology, 123674 doi: 10.1016/j.biortech.2020.123674.
- S Chaturvedi, SV Singh, , VC Dhyani, G Kasivelu, R Vinu and S Mandal (2021) Characterization, Bioenergy Value and Thermal Stability of Biochars Derived from Diverse Agriculture and Forestry Lignocellulosic Wastes. Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery, BCAB-D-20-00960R1
- GovindarajuKasivelu, S Tamilselvan, KannanMalaisamy, D Kathickeyan, DoronShkolnik, SumitChaturvedi (2020) Nano-micronutrients [γ-Fe2O3 (iron) and ZnO (zinc)]: Green preparation, characterization, agro-morphological characteristics and crop productivity studies in two crops (rice and maize) New J. Chem., 2020,44, 11373-11383 https://doi.org/10.1039/D0NJ02634D
- DebaratiDatta, Subhash Chandra, Chaitanya Prasad Nath, GourangaKar, SouravGhosh, SumitChaturvedi, AmitBhatnagar, Gurvinder Singh, Veer Singhh (2022) Soil-plant water dynamics, yield, quality and profitability of spring sweet corn under variable irrigation scheduling, crop establishment and moisture conservation practices.Field Crops Research. 279 108450.
- Arkaprava Roy, SumitChaturvedi, Shiv Vendra Singh, GovindarajuKasivelu, VC Dhyani, SuhitaPyne (2022) Preparation and evaluation of two enriched biochar-based fertilizers for nutrient release kinetics and agronomic effectiveness in direct-seeded rice. Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery, 2/28 1 12
- K. VijaiAnand, M. Reshma, M. Kannan, S. MuthamilSelvan, SumitChaturvedi, Ahmed EsmailShalan, and K. Govindaraju (2020) Preparation and characterization of calcium oxide nanoparticles from marine molluscan shell waste as nutrient source for plant growth. Journal of Nanostructure in Chemistry https://doi.org/10.1007/s40097-020-00376-4
- Arora, G., Chaturvedi, S., Kausal, R., Tewari, S.K. and Chaturvedi, O.P. 2014. Growth, Biomass, Carbon Stocks and Sequestration in Age Series PoplusdeldoidesPlantations. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry38 (4), 550-560.
- Panwar P, Chauhan S, Kaushal R, Das DK, Ajit, Arora G, Chaturvedi OP, Jain, Amit Kumar; Chaturvedi, Sumit; Tewari, Salil 2017. Carbon sequestration potential of poplar-based agroforestry using the CO2FIX model in the Indo-Gangetic Region of India. Tropical Ecology. 58 (2), 1-9.
- DilipItroutwarPrerna, KasiveluGovindaraju, SelvarajTamilselvan, MalaichamyKannan, RaguramanVasantharaja, SumitChaturvedi, DoronShkolnik (2021) Influence of nanoscale micro-nutrient α-Fe2O3 on seed germination, seedling growth, translocation, physiological effects and yield of rice (Oryza sativa) and maize (Zea mays). Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 162: 562 580.
- Daniel PrakashKushwaha, Anil Kumar and SumitChaturvedi (2021) Determining the effectiveness of carbon-based stabilizers blends in arresting soil erosion and elevating properties of Mollisols soils of North Western Himalayas, Environmental Technology & Innovation, 23, 101768,ISSN 2352-1864.