- ABOUT US
- STUDENT DETAILS
Dr. Pradeep Kumar Head, Department of Plant Pathology, College of Agriculture Contacts Phone:05944-233076 Fax: 05944-233076 E-mail: hodpp[at]rediffmail
In view of the outstanding contribution made in the area of teaching, research and extension by the department, ICAR upgraded the department in the year 1995 to the status of Centre of Advanced Studies in Plant Pathology and subsequently as Centre of Advanced Faculty Training (CAFT) in the year 2009-10. Major mandate of the CAFT is to train scientific faculty from all over the country in important and innovative areas of Plant Pathology. So far 40 trainings, with 827 participants from 26 states, have been conducted. The CAS was awarded a certificate of appreciation in commemoration of Golden Jubilee year of independence (1998) by the Education Division, ICAR on August 14, 1998 for organizing the excellent programmes for human resource development and developing useful instructional material. Out of the 11 departments of the College of agriculture at the university, the department received an excellence award for the year 2016 for its contributions towards research, teaching and extension services rendered to the farmers.
VisionAttain excellence in teaching and research in Plant Pathology and the services rendered to the farming community.
|S.No.||Degree||No. of Seats||Total|
|UA Domicile||Other states|
|1.||M.Sc. (Ag.) Plant Pathology||06||06||12|
|2.||Ph.D. Plant Pathology||04||04||08|
|S.No.||Course No.||Course Name||Credit|
|1.||APP-311||Fundamentals of Plant Pathology||4(3-0-1)|
|2.||APP-328||Diseases of Field & Horticultural Crops and their Management-I||3(2-0-1)|
|3.||APP-329||Diseases of Field & Horticultural Crops and their Management-II||3(2-0-1)|
|4.||APP/APE- 332||Principles of Integrated Pest and Disease Management||3(2-0-1)|
|5.||APP/APE/APS-421||Biopesticides and biofertilizers||3(2-0-1)|
|6.||APP-452||Mushroom Cultivation Technology||10 (0+10)|
|7.||APP/APE/ APS-450||Production technology for bio-agents and bio-fertilizer||10 (0+10)|
|S.No.||Course No.||Course Name||Credit|
|1.||APP-401||Introductory Plant Pathology||3(2-0-1)|
|2.||APP-410||Diseases of Field Crops||3(2-0-1)|
|3.||APP-430||Diseases of Horticultural Crops||3(2-0-1)|
|4.||APP-507||Disease of Field and Medicinal Plants||3(2-0-1)|
|5.||APP-508||Disease of Fruits, and Ornamental Crops||3(2-0-1)|
|6.||APP-509||Disease of Vegetable and Spice Crops||3(2-0-1)|
|7.||APP/ENT- 514||Insects Vector of Plant Viruses and other Pathogens||2(1-0-1)|
|8.||APP-515||Biological Control of Plant Diseases||3(2-0-1)|
|9.||APP-516||Integrated Disease Management||3(2-0-1)|
|10.||APP-517||Mushroom Production Technology||3(2-0-1)|
|11.||APP-519||Post Harvest Diseases||3(2-0-1)|
|17.||APP-604||Principles of Plant Pathology||3(3-0-0)|
|18.||APP-606||Principles of Plant Disease Management||3(2-0-1)|
|19.||APP-607||Plant Biosecurity and Biosafety||2(2-0-0)|
|20.||APP-611||Chemicals in Plant Disease Management||3(2-0-1)|
|22.||APP-616||Advanced Plant Virology||3(2-0-1)|
|24.||APP-618||Principles and Procedures of Certification||1(1-0-0)|
|25.||APP-622||Techniques in Phytonematology||1(0-0-1)|
|26.||APP-624||Cultural & Chemical Control of Plant Parasitic Nematodes||2(1-0-1)|
|28.||APP-690||Master’s Thesis Research||20|
|29.||APP-704||Molecular Basis of Host Pathogen Interaction||3(2-0-1)|
|30.||APP-710||Seed Health Technology||3(2-0-1)|
|31.||APP-712||Ecology of Soil-borne Plant Pathogens||3(2-0-1)|
|32.||APP-713||Disease Resistance in Plants||2(2-0-0)|
|33.||APP-718||Epidemiology and Forecasting of Plant Diseases||3(2-0-1)|
|34.||APP-788||Doctoral Seminar I||1(0-0-1)|
|35.||APP-789||Doctoral Seminar II||1(0-0-1)|
|36.||APP-790||Ph.D. Thesis Research||45|
Priority Areas of Research
Ongoing research project
A. AICRP Projects
|S.No.||Project Name||PI/Co-PI/Associate Scientist|
|1.||All India Coordinated Research Project on Biological Control||PI- Dr. Roopali Sharma
Team Member- Dr. Manju Sharma
|2.||All India Coordinated Rice Improvement Project||PI- Dr. Bijendra Kumar
|3.||All India Coordinated Research Project on Seed Technology Research (NSP)||PI- Dr. Rashmi Tewari
|4.||All India Coordinated Soybean Improvement Project||Programme Coordinator- K.P. Singh
Team Member- Dr. Manju Sharma
|5.||All India Coordinated Maize Improvement Project||Programme Coordinator- Dr. R.P. Singh
|6.||All India Coordinated Sugarcane Improvement Project||PI- Dr. Geeta Sharma
|7.||All India Coordinated Sorghum Improvement Project||Programme Coordinator- Dr. Y. Singh|
|8.||All India Coordinated Research Project on Potato||Programme Coordinator - Dr. Shailbala Sharma|
|9.||All India Coordinator Research Project on Rapeseed & Mustard||Programme Coordinator - Dr. A.K. Tewari
|10.||All India Coordinated Chickpea Improvement Project||PI- Dr. L.B. Yadav
|11.||All India Coordinated Pigeon Pea Improvement Project||PI- Dr. K.P.S. Kushwaha
|12.||All India Coordinated MullaRP Improvement Project||PI- Dr. K.P.S. Kushwaha
|13.||All India Coordinated Mushroom Improvement Project||PI- Dr. S.K. Mishra
|14.||All India Coordinated Wheat and Barley Improvement Project||PI- Dr. Deepshikha|
|15.||All India Coordinated Research Project on Nematodes in Cropping Systems||PI- Dr. Satya Kumar
Co-PI- Dr. Shilpi Rawat
B. Adhoc Projects
|S.No.||Project Name||Funding Agency||PI||Co-PI|
|1.||Integrated Farming System and Human Resource Planning and Management for Livelihood Security and Capacity Building of Tribal Community in Uttarakhand TSP Project- Mushroom||ICAR||---||Dr. K.P.S. Kushwaha (Nodal Scientist)|
|2.||Development of Natural Product from Plant Origin as Potent Bio-pesticide for Plant Disease Management||Uttarakhand Council of Biotech.||Dr. Rashmi Tewari||---|
|3.||Production of Growing Medium of Button Mushroom through New Invented Semi-Automatic Portable Composting Structure at the Door of Beneficiaries (Women and ST/SC Community People) of Uttarakhand Hills||National Mission on Himalayan Studies||Dr. S.K. Mishra||---|
|4.||Characterization of Chickpea Germplasm Resource to Accelerate Genomics-assisted Crop Improvement under mission programme of Characterization of Genetic Resources||DBT||--||Dr. L.B. Yadav|
Ongoing extension activities
The scientists participate in the farmers contact program impart trainings for different communities. The Scientists of the department organize/participate in trainings for the benefit of farmers at State level and also for Agricultural Officers and also through technology demonstration. “Help Line Services” are rendered by the specialists of the department through Agriculture Technology Information Centre (ATIC) at the University. Information for farmers and other beneficiaries on disease management measures is either delivered through radio talks, TV programmes, Krashak Samwad, published literature as popular articles and disease circulars by the faculty members time to time.
UN Food and Agriculture
Prof. M.J. Narsimhan Award
Jawaharlal Nehru Award
Pesticide India Award
Prof. M.S. Pavgi Award
Dr. N. Prasad Memorial Lecture Award
Young Scientist Award
Young Scientist Associate Award
Best Faculty Award (College of Agriculture, GBPUAT)
Sipani Krishi Anusandhan Farm Award
P.R. Verma Award for Best Ph.D. Research
P.P. Singhal Memorial Pesticides Industries Award for best Ph.D. Research
Best Ph.D. Research Award (Indian Society of Rapeseed-Mustard)
IPS Prof. M.J. Narasimhan Medal
KPV Menon Best Paper Award of IPS
KPA Menon Gold Medal of IPS
Sharda Lele Memorial Lecture Award
Uttaranchal Ratan Award
Education Award of Ministry of HRD GOI
Honorary Fellow of Indian Phytopathological Society
Fellow of Indian Phytopathological Society
Fellow of Indian Society of Mycology & Plant Pathology
Fellow-Indian Society of Plant Pathologists
Fellow, Plant Protection Association of India
Fellow of Hind Agri-Horticultural Society
Fellow of Society of Tropical Agriculture
Fellow of National Academy of Agricultural Sciences
President of Professional Societies
Zonal President of Professional Societies
Vice-President of Professional Societies
Selected Research Publications
- Gupta, S., Singh, R.P. and Rautela, P. (2017). Effect of soil solarization on soil microbial population under protected and natural cultivation. Journal of Environmental Bio-Science. 31(1): 193-196.
- C. Maharana, L. B. Yadav, S. Sunani, GS Panda and Rakesh Sil Sharma (2017). Screening of chickpea germplasm against Ascochyta rabiei (pass.) Labr. (Ascochyta Blight Disease) on Chickpea ( Cicer arietinum L.) Trends in Biosciences 10(1) 337-340.
- Shilpi Rawat (2017). Collection and in-vitro optimization of growth factors of Ganoderma lucidum. Journal of Hill Agriculture.vol. 18(1): 72-76.
- Omkar Singh and Vishwanath (2017). Evaluation of New Formulation of Fungicides for the Management of Sheath Blight of Rice( Oryza Sativa L). J. Env. Bio. Sci. vol. 31(1) 241-245.
- Deepshikha; Bimla Kumari and Elangbam Premabati Devi (2017). Evaluation and standardization of growth stage of wheat against Spot blotch caused by Bipolarissorokiniana. Journal of Environmental Biology. 38 (2): 277-281.
- Ashok K. Parihar, Ashwani K . Basandrai, Asmita Sirari, Dakshinamurthy Dinakaran, Deepak Singh, kamala Kannan, Kailash P. S. Kushawaha, maddineni Adinarayan, mohammad akram, TN Palayam Krishnaswamy S. Latha, Vaikuntavasan Paranidharan and sanjeev gupta (2017). Assessment of mungbean genotypes for durable resistance to Yellow Mosaic Disease: Genotype 3 Environment interactions. Plant Breeding 136: 94–100.
- Elangbam Premabati Devi, Deepshikha and Bimla Kumari, Ritusha Tewari and Jaiswal J.P. (2017). Screening and molecular characterization for durable rust resistance in wheat germplasm resources. Environment and Ecology. 35 (1A): 253-257.
- Sharma, D. and Singh, R.P. (2017). Compatibility of different fungicides with Trichoderma harzianum Rifai strain PBAT 21. Pesticide Research Journal 29(1):42-47.
- Pandey, V.; Tewari, A. K. and Saxena Deepika (2017). Activities of defensive antioxidant enzymes and biochemical compounds induced by bioagents in Indian mustard against Alternaria blight. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Biological Sciences. DOI 10.1007/s40011-017-0888-2: 1-12.
- Kharayat, B.S. and Y.Singh (2016). Studies on interactions among bioagents colonized vermicompost, rhizospheric earthworms and stalk rot disease of sorghum caused by Erwinia chrysanthemi. American J. Agric. Res. 1(5): 15-29.
- Bisht, Sunaina; Balodi, Rekha; Ghatak, Abhijeet and Kumar, Pradeep (2016). Deternmination of susceptible growth stage and efficacy of fungicidal management of Curvularia leaf spot of maize caused by Curvularia lunata (Wakker) Boedijn. Maydica 61: 1-5.
- Singh, K.P., Kumar, J., Singh, A., Prasad, R.K., Singh, R.P. and Prasad, D. (2016). Maturation, Ascospores Discharge Pattern and Relevance of Mills Criteria for Predicting Apple Scab Infection Period in India. Plant Pathology Journal 15: 108-123.
- Sharma, D. and Singh, R.P. (2016). Compatibility of different weedicides with Trichoderma harzianum Rifai strain PBAT 21. Journal of Environmental and Biological Sciences 30(2):327-331.
- Kumar B. (2016). Status of Small Millets diseases in Uttarakhand. International Journal of Plant Protection. 9(1): 256-263.
- Sharma Manju, Suman BC and Gupta Dharmesh. (2016). Development of Agaricus bisporus hybrids and their evaluation for higher yield. Indian Journal of Horticulture 73(4):550-556.
- Deepa Nainwa and Karuna Vishunavat (2016). Management of purple blotch and Stemphylium blight of onion in Tarai and Bhabar regions of Uttarakhand, India. Journal of Applied and Natural Science 8 (1): 150–153.
- Rai D. and Tewari, A.K. (2016). Shelf life studies of different formulations based on Trichoderma harzianum (Th14). Annals of Biological Research 7 (7):1-5.
- LB Yadav and KPS Kushwaha (2016). Efficacy of Seed Dressing Agents and Foliar Spray of Fungicides Against Web Blight of Mungbean [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek. Advances in Life Sciences 5(13): 5474-5476.
All laboratories are equipped well and address crop based and basic plant pathological research including bacteriology, virology, nematology, ecology of soil borne plant pathogens & population biology, host- pathogen interaction, molecular plant pathology, seed pathology besides a referral lab for quality evaluation of biocontrol agents., notified by central insecticide board.
Following are the equipments:
|S.No.||Name of student||Id. No.||Advisor’s Name|
|1.||Ms. Puja Pandey||41124||Dr. K.P.S. Kushwaha|
|2.||Ms. Akansha Singh||48158||Dr. J. Kumar|
|3.||Ms. Meenakshi Dwivedi||42874||Dr. K. Vishunavat|
|4.||Ms. Ruchi Tripathi||35685||Dr. K. Vishunavat|
|5.||Ms. Ambika Rautela||42751||Dr. J. Kumar|
|6.||Mr. B. Chandra Sharma||22385||Dr. R.P. Singh|
|7.||Ms. Divya Sharma||42745||Dr. Yogendra Singh|
|8.||Ms. Yogita Bohra||38049||Dr. J. Kumar|
|9.||Ms. Sudha Nandni||43970||Dr. K. Vishunavat|
|10.||Ms. Bhavya Mishra||38133||Dr. R.P. Singh|
|11.||Mr. Devanshu Dev||49641||Dr. A.K. Tewari|
|12.||Ms. Anshul Arya||38091||Dr. K.P.S. Kushwaha|
|13.||Ms. Sujata Singh Yadav||49524||Dr. Yogendra Singh|
|14.||Mr. Omkar Singh||39734||Dr. K.P.S. Kushwaha|
|15.||Mr. Amirtha Lingam V.||51182||Dr. A.K. Tewari|
|16.||Mr. Gurumayum Robert Daniel||50924||Dr. A.K. Tewari|
|17.||Ms. Pooja Bhatt||50918||Dr. K.P. Singh|
|18.||Mr. Bathula Jagadeesh||51153||Dr. J. Kumar|
|19.||Ms. Pagoti Hemalatha||51140||Dr. J. Kumar|
|1.||Ms. Prerna Dobhal||47010||Dr. S.K. Mishra|
|2.||Ms. Himani Jeena||49359||Dr. R.K. Sahu|
|3.||Ms. Chetna Bisht||41422||Dr. Vishwanath|
|4.||Ms. Geeta Dhami /td>||41375||Dr. K.P.S. Kushwaha|
|5.||Mr. Shubham Bhatt||41448||Dr. Vishwanath|
|6.||Ms. Manpreet Kaur||49615||Dr. S.K. Mishra|
|7.||Ms. Prarthana Jagoori||49480||Dr. R.K. Sahu|
|8.||Ms. Sadhna Chauhan||49372||Dr. L.B. Yadav|
|9.||Mr. Sunil Kumar Arya||41474||Dr. Satya Kumar|
|10.||Ms. Divya Bhatt||43696||Dr. Pradeep Kumar|
|11.||Ms. Bhagyashree Bhatt||43693||Dr. Pradeep Kumar|
|12.||Ms. Kumari Surbhi||43669||Dr. K.P. Singh|
|13.||Ms. Hina Kausar||43753||Dr. Geeta Sharma|
|14.||Ms. Chandra Arya||50986||Dr. K.P. Singh|
|15.||Mr. Pradeep Negi||50939||Dr. Bijendra Kumar|
|16.||Ms. Neha Surendra Singh Rawat||50957||Dr. Satya Kumar|
|17.||Ms. Kavita||50964||Dr. Bijendra Kumar|
|18.||Mr. Ram Krishna||50982||Dr. L.B. Yadav|
|19.||Mr. Varunesh Kumar||51057||Dr. S.K. Mishra|
|20.||Mr. Abhikshek Gowda HR||51054||Dr. K. Vishunavat|
|21.||Ms. Delna Rose S.||51055||Dr. Geeta Sharma|